Practice spelling and blending to read 8 words from the ink word family with the forest animals at the ice rink. Students will practice blending a word and identifying the matching image, selecting the correct spelling of the word, and visually identifying the word from letter shape boxes with a list of words that are given.
This self-graded digital game is to be used with PowerPoint™ Google Slides™ and Boom Learning™.
This activity will help strengthen their knowledge in:
- reading fluency
- word patterns
- common meanings
- This game will engage your students as they earn rewards for correct answers.
- This game offers the reward of having students earn portions of a picture colored in with each correct answer and an animated GIF image at the end of the game.
- In the version to use with PowerPoint™ students will hear applause when they have answered the question correctly.
Focus on the word family
- The word family portion of each word is written in red as red has been known to help with memory and detailed tasks.
- The letters are also outlined in black to help students with visual color discrepancies.
✨My Product Includes✨
- 70 slides to use with PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™
- 50 cards to use with Boom Learning™
- Self-graded digital game
- 3 Types of questions: blend the letters to read, identify the correct spelling, pick the hidden letter box
WORD FAMILY FOCUS WORDS
ABOUT THE SELF-GRADED DIGITAL GAME
- 3 formats to use with PowerPoint™, Google Slides™, and Boom Learning™.
- 70 slides to use with PowerPoint™, and Google Slides™
- 50 cards to use with Boom Learning™
- Focus on the word family portion of each word to help them blend new words as different beginnings are added.
- The game is self-graded. If a student chooses the wrong answer, they are redirected to the question to try it again.
- Students will practice blending the words in 3 ways: read and identify the matching picture, select the correct spelling for the image and select the spelling letter boxes that would match the image.
- This game will engage your students as they earn rewards with each correct answer. As they answer questions correctly, they will earn portions of a picture colored in and an animated GIF image at the end. In the version to use with PowerPoint™ students will hear applause when they have answered the question correctly.
- RF.K.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- RF.K.3d Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ.
- RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- RF.2.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
✅Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- LA.K.2.B.iii The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: recognizing that new words are created when letters are changed, added, or deleted such as it – pit – tip – tap; and
- LA.1.2.B.i The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: decoding words in isolation and in context by applying common letter sound correspondences;
- LA.2.2.B.i The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: decoding words with short, long, or variant vowels, trigraphs, and blends;
✅Virginia Standards of Learning
- R.K.3.f The student will orally identify, segment, and blend various phonemes to develop phonological and phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
- R.1.3.c The student will orally identify, produce, and manipulate various phonemes within words to develop phonological and phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
- R.1.5.d The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Use short vowel sounds to decode and spell one-syllable words.
- R.1.5.e The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Blend initial, medial, and final sounds to recognize and read words.
- R.1.5.f The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Use word patterns to decode unfamiliar words.
- R.2.3.b The student will orally identify, produce, and manipulate various phonemes within words to develop phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
Important Information about the version for PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™
- The versions to use with PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ need to be played in PRESENTATION MODE. (Click on the present button in the right corner of the screen.) You will have a copy link on a pdf that will add the game to your Google™ or Boom Learning™ Library You must have a Google Drive account to receive a copy of the game to your drive. (If you do not want to give access to your Google™ drive you can add the PowerPoint™ version to your drive and then save it as a Google Slides™ version.)
Important information about the version for Boom Learning™
- Check out this Boom Learning game by clicking the link and previewing it on the Boom Learning website™.
- PREVIEW A FEW OF THE BOOM LEARNING™ CARDS ON BOOM LEARNING™
- To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account.
- Read here for details
- Quick Start Guide to Boom Learning Cards
QUESTIONS OR CONNECT WITH ME
✉ EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
© Dragonfly Bay by Michelle