Splash in the pool. Are your students learning how to blend and spell words from the ash Short A word family? This product includes a reference poster, booklet, activity, pocket chart, center, many different types of worksheets and various assessments. Help your students develop their blending, vocabulary and understanding of word sounds with this word family printable resource.
This activity will help strengthen their knowledge in:
- reading fluency
- word patterns
- common meanings
Focus on the word family
- The word family portion of each word is written in red as red has been known to help with memory and detailed tasks.
- The letters are also outlined in black to help students with visual color discrepancies.
This is great for Kindergarten and First Grade, or for students that need to improve their reading skills.
CHECK OUT THIS HUGE RESOURCE: 22 MEGA BUNDLE OF SHORT VOWEL WORD FAMILIES WITH 88 PHONICS SKILLS PRACTICED
(Found in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store. This will be added later to this website too).
✨MY PRODUCT INCLUDES✨
- 84 pages on two pdfs
- Classroom reference poster in color and BW.
- Student activity in color and BW.
- Pocket chart in color and BW.
- Printable worksheets
- Interactive activity booklet in BW.
- Clip or cover center in color and BW.
- Differentiated assessments
ABOUT THE POSTER
- Display this poster in your classroom during your lessons or as a resource for the year. The poster can be printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper and comes in color & BW. If you don’t want to print it then you can display the poster on the wall with the projector while you are teaching.
ABOUT THE POCKET CHART
- Use this pocket chart during your instruction, matching center, or as a display. (Color & BW)
ABOUT THE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS
- Spell the words by coloring bubble letters
- Match and trace the words
- Circle the correct spelling
- Trace the words
- Trace and write the words
- Write sentences
- Color by Codes
- Cut and paste the picture next to the traced word.
- Different forms of tests (write the word, half sheets, write a number next to the word the teacher calls out and a half sheet version).
- An answer key is included
ABOUT THE ACTIVITY BOOKLET?
This booklet is a 12 page pdf with 5 pages of activities.
- Page 1: Color the cover page and wordsearch.
- Page 2: Color the word family pictures.
- Page 3: Trace the words and cut and paste the picture next to the word.
- Page 4: Color the word family portion red and the rest of the word another color, trace the words, read each word 5 times each and color the image with each time read.
- Page 5: Color the pictures and write the letters in the boxes to spell the words.
ABOUT THE CLIP OR COVER CENTER
- Students read the word in the word family and will use manipulatives to cover the matching picture. You can use paper scraps, counters, mini erasers, beans, pasta shells, or anything small. If the cards are laminated or put in plastic baggies the students can draw a circle around the answer with a dry erase marker.
- RF.K.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- RF.K.3d Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ.
- RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- RF.2.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
✅Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- LA.K.2.B.iii The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: recognizing that new words are created when letters are changed, added, or deleted such as it – pit – tip – tap; and
- LA.1.2.B.i The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: decoding words in isolation and in context by applying common letter sound correspondences;
- LA.2.2.B.i The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: decoding words with short, long, or variant vowels, trigraphs, and blends;
✅Virginia Standards of Learning
- R.K.3.f The student will orally identify, segment, and blend various phonemes to develop phonological and phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
- R.1.3.c The student will orally identify, produce, and manipulate various phonemes within words to develop phonological and phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
- R.1.5.d The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Use short vowel sounds to decode and spell one-syllable words.
- R.1.5.e The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Blend initial, medial, and final sounds to recognize and read words.
- R.1.5.f The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Use word patterns to decode unfamiliar words.
- R.2.3.b The student will orally identify, produce, and manipulate various phonemes within words to develop phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
FIND THIS SAME PRODUCT AT MY OTHER STORES
Related Products in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store
QUESTIONS OR CONNECT WITH ME
✉ EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
© Dragonfly Bay by Michelle