Are you looking for an engaging activity that will have students improving their reading fluency? This phonics self-graded digital game will engage your students as they earn rewards for correct answers. Students will practice blending and spelling 6 words from the -and Short A Word Family.
Two different difficulty levels are included. That is right TWO DIFFERENTIATED GAMES! This will make differentiating the assignment easier, or you could assign the two different games as assignments at different times in the week.
- will have students practice blending the letters to identify the matching picture. The word family portion is emphasized with red letters.
- will have students practice the above blending along with selecting the correct spelling of each word and visually identifying the word shape. By practicing these skills students will increase their retention of the word patterns, blending and decoding.
Help your students develop their blending, vocabulary and understanding of word sounds with these word family digital games. These self-graded digital games are to be used with PowerPoint™ Google Slides™ and Boom Learning™.
These activities will help strengthen their knowledge in:
- reading fluency
- word patterns
- common meanings
✨MY PRODUCT INCLUDES✨
- 3 formats to use with PowerPoint™, Google Slides™, and Boom Learning™.
- Level 1 Digital Game (19 Slides to use with PowerPoint™, and Google Slides™; 13 Cards to use with Boom Learning™).
- Level 2 Digital Game (55 slides to use with PowerPoint™, and Google Slides™; 37 cards to use with Boom Learning™)
- The game is self-graded. If a student chooses the wrong answer, they are redirected to the question to try it again.
- Students will practice blending and spelling the words in 3 ways:
- read and identify the matching picture
- select the correct spelling for the image
- select the spelling letter boxes that would match the image
- The game offers an engaging reward to encourage correct answers. This game offers the reward of having students earn band members for the level 1 game and will have puzzle pieces removed for a hidden picture in the level 2 game. In the version to use with PowerPoint™ students will hear applause when they have answered the question correctly. (You can turn off the sound if you do not want to hear this)
- The word family portion of each word is written in red. Red has been known to help with memory and detailed tasks. The letters are also outlined in black to help students with visual color discrepancies.
✅Common Core: RF.K.3, RF.K.3d, RF.1.3, RF.2.3
✅Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: LA.K.2.B.iii, LA.1.2.B.i, LA.2.2.B.i
✅Virginia Standards of Learning: R.K.3.f, R.1.3.c, R.1.5.d, R.1.5.e, R.1.5.f, R.2.3.b
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE VERSION TO USE WITH POWERPOINT™ AND GOOGLE SLIDES™
- The versions to use with PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ need to be played in PRESENTATION MODE. (Click on the present button in the right corner of the screen.) You will have a copy link on a pdf that will add the game to your Google™ or Boom Learning™ Library. You must have a Google Drive account to receive a copy of the game to your drive. (If you do not want to give access to your Google™ drive you can add the PowerPoint™ version to your drive and then save it as a Google Slides™ version.)
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT THE VERSION TO USE WITH BOOM LEARNING™
- Check out this Boom Learning game by clicking the link and previewing it on the Boom Learning website™.
- PREVIEW A FEW OF THE BOOM LEARNING™ CARDS ON BOOM LEARNING™ (Level 1)
- PREVIEW A FEW OF THE BOOM LEARNING™ CARDS ON BOOM LEARNING™ (Level 2)
- To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account.
- Read here for details
- Quick Start Guide to Boom Learning Cards
QUESTIONS OR CONNECT WITH ME
✉ EMAIL: email@example.com
Michelle, Dragonfly Bay
© Dragonfly Bay by Michelle