Have an ant picnic while blending and spelling to read 4 words from the ant word family. Help your students develop their blending, spelling, vocabulary and understanding of word sounds with this word family printable resource. This 65 page product includes a pocket chart, poster, activity, center, worksheets, interactive book, and assessments.
This activity will help strengthen their knowledge in:
- reading fluency
- word patterns
- common meanings
Focus on the word family
- The word family portion of each word is written in red as red has been known to help with memory and detailed tasks.
- The letters are also outlined in black to help students with visual color discrepancies.
This is great for Kindergarten and First Grade, or for students that need to improve their reading skills.
CHECK OUT THIS HUGE RESOURCE: 22 MEGA BUNDLE OF SHORT VOWEL WORD FAMILIES WITH 88 PHONICS SKILLS PRACTICED
(This is in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store and will be added to this site soon)
✨My Product Includes✨
- 65 pages (2 pdfs)
- Printables in color and BW except for the worksheets
- Pocket Chart
- Worksheets (see below for all the worksheet types)
- Multiple assessment versions (differentiated)
- Interactive booklet
- Answer key
ABOUT THE PRINTABLES
- Display this poster in your classroom during your lessons or as a resource for the year. The poster can be printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper. If you don’t want to print it then you can display the poster on the wall with the projector while you are teaching. (Color & BW)
- Students will add the word family focus words to a themed page. This can be used as a bulletin board activity. (Color & BW) They will create a puzzle image with all of the words shown.
- Use this pocket chart during your instruction, matching center, or as a display. (Color & BW)
CLIP OR COVER CENTER
- Students read the word in the word family and will use manipulatives to cover the matching picture. You can use paper scraps, counters, mini erasers, beans, pasta shells, or anything small. If the cards are laminated or put in plastic baggies the students can draw a circle around the answer with a dry erase marker.
- Trace the words
- Trace and write the focus words
- Spell the words by coloring bubble letters
- Match the words to the pictures
- Circle the correct words and write the words
- Trace the words and write them in spelling letter boxes
- Write sentences
- Color by Code
- Cut and paste the letters to spell the words
- Cut and paste the picture next to the traced words and color the word family portion of the words
- 6 Different forms of tests
- An answer key is included
- RF.K.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- RF.K.3d Distinguish between similarly spelled words by identifying the sounds of the letters that differ.
- RF.1.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
- RF.2.3 Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
✅Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- LA.K.2.B.iii The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: recognizing that new words are created when letters are changed, added, or deleted such as it – pit – tip – tap; and
- LA.1.2.B.i The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: decoding words in isolation and in context by applying common letter sound correspondences;
- LA.2.2.B.i The student is expected to: demonstrate and apply phonetic knowledge by: decoding words with short, long, or variant vowels, trigraphs, and blends;
✅Virginia Standards of Learning
- R.K.3.f The student will orally identify, segment, and blend various phonemes to develop phonological and phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
- R.1.3.c The student will orally identify, produce, and manipulate various phonemes within words to develop phonological and phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
- R.1.5.d The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Use short vowel sounds to decode and spell one-syllable words.
- R.1.5.e The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Blend initial, medial, and final sounds to recognize and read words.
- R.1.5.f The student will apply phonetic principles to read and spell. Use word patterns to decode unfamiliar words.
- R.2.3.b The student will orally identify, produce, and manipulate various phonemes within words to develop phonemic awareness. Blend sounds to make one-syllable words.
Related Products in my Teachers Pay Teachers Store
QUESTIONS OR CONNECT WITH ME
✉ EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
© Dragonfly Bay by Michelle