Are you practicing nonstandard units of measurement or need an engaging review for test preperation? This self-graded digital game to use with PowerPoint™ Google™ & Boom Learning™ will make an engaging activity for students to practice measurment skills. They will practice measuring 16 bugs using buttons. All bugs have red lines showing the distance that needs to be measured.
- 3 formats to use with PowerPoint™, Google Slides™, and Boom Learning™.
- 49 slides to use with PowerPoint™, and Google Slides™
- 33 cards to use with Boom Learning™
- The game is self-graded. If a student chooses the wrong answer, they are redirected to the question to try it again.
- This game will engage your students as they earn rewards with each correct answer. Students will earn the reward of earning parts to build a butterfly. At the end of the game they will watch an animated GIF of two butterflies. In the version to use with PowerPoint™ students will hear applause when they have answered the question correctly.
✅Common Core State Standards
- K.MD.A.1 Describe measurable attributes of objects, such as length or weight. Describe several measurable attributes of a single object.
- 1.MD.A.2 Express the length of an object as a whole number of length units, by laying multiple copies of a shorter object (the length unit) end to end; understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps.
- 2.MD.D.9 Generate measurement data by measuring lengths of several objects to the nearest whole unit, or by making repeated measurements of the same object. Show the measurements by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in whole-number units.
✅Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- MA.K.7.A Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to directly compare measurable attributes. The student is expected to: give an example of a measurable attribute of a given object, including length, capacity, and weight; and
- MA.1.7.A Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to select and use units to describe length and time. The student is expected to: use measuring tools to measure the length of objects to reinforce the continuous nature of linear measurement;
- MA.1.7.B Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to select and use units to describe length and time. The student is expected to: illustrate that the length of an object is the number of same-size units of length that, when laid end-to-end with no gaps or overlaps, reach from one end of the object to the other;
- MA.1.7.D Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to select and use units to describe length and time. The student is expected to: describe a length to the nearest whole unit using a number and a unit; and
✅Virginia Standards of Learning
- MG.1.10 The student will use nonstandard units to measure and compare length, weight, and volume.
- The versions to use with PowerPoint™ and Google Slides™ need to be played in PRESENTATION MODE. (Click on the present button in the right corner of the screen.) You will have a copy link on a pdf that will add the game to your Google™ or Boom Learning™ Library You must have a Google Drive account to receive a copy of the game to your drive. (If you do not want to give access to your Google™ drive you can add the PowerPoint™ version to your drive and then save it as a Google Slides™ version.)
- Check out this Boom Learning game by clicking the link and previewing it on the Boom Learning website™.
- PREVIEW A FEW OF THE BOOM LEARNING™ CARDS ON BOOM LEARNING™
- To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for modern Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with “Fast Pins,” (a form of play that gives instant feedback to students for self-grading Boom Cards). For assignment options that report student progress back to you, you will need to purchase a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account.
- Read here for details.
- Quick Start Guide to Boom Learning Cards
FIND THIS PRODUCT IN MY OTHER STORES
RELATED PRODUCTS IN MY TEACHERS PAY TEACHERS STORE
✉ EMAIL: email@example.com
Michelle, Dragonfly Bay
© Dragonfly Bay by Michelle