Are your students learning how to blend to read words from the ack Short A word family? This product includes a reference poster, activity, pocket chart, center, many different types of worksheets and various assessments. Help your students develop their blending, vocabulary and understanding of word sounds with this word family printable resource.
This activity will help strengthen their knowledge in:
- reading fluency
- word patterns
- common meanings
Focus on the word family
- The word family portion of each word is written in red as red has been known to help with memory and detailed tasks.
- The letters are also outlined in black to help students with visual color discrepancies.
This is great for Kindergarten and First Grade, or for students that need to improve their reading skills.
- 91 pages on two pdfs
- Clickable menu
- Classroom reference poster in color and BW.
- Student activity in color and BW.
- Pocket chart in color and BW.
- Printable worksheets
- Interactive activity booklet
- Clip or cover center in color and BW.
- Differentiated assessments
ABOUT THE POSTER
- Display this poster in your classroom during your lessons or as a resource for the year. The poster can be printed on 8.5″ x 11″ paper and comes in color & BW. If you don’t want to print it then you can display the poster on the wall with the projector while you are teaching.
ABOUT THE POCKET CHART
- Use this pocket chart during your instruction, matching center, or as a display. (Color & BW)
ABOUT THE PRINTABLE WORKSHEETS
- Spell the words by coloring bubble letters
- Match and trace the words
- Circle the correct words
- Write sentences
- Color by Codes
- Cut and paste the picture next to the traced word.
- Different forms of tests (write the word, half sheets, write a number next to the word the teacher calls out and a half sheet version).
- An answer key is included
ABOUT THE ACTIVITY BOOKLET?
This booklet is a 12 page pdf with 5 pages of activities.
- Page 1: Color the cover page and wordsearch.
- Page 2: Color the word family pictures.
- Page 3: Trace the words and cut and paste the picture next to the word.
- Page 4: Color the word family portion red and the rest of the word another color, trace the words, read each word 5 times each and color the image with each time read.
- Page 5: Color the pictures and write the letters in the boxes to spell the words.
ABOUT THE CLIP OR COVER CENTER
- Students read the word in the word family and will use manipulatives to cover the matching picture. You can use paper scraps, counters, mini erasers, beans, pasta shells, or anything small. If the cards are laminated or put in plastic baggies the students can draw a circle around the answer with a dry erase marker.
THIS PRODUCT FOCUSES ON THE FOLLOWING STANDARDS:
✅Common Core State Standards: RF.K.3, RF.K.3d, RF.1.3, RF.2.3
✅Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills: LA.K.2.B.iii, LA.1.2.B.i, LA.2.2.B.i
✅Virginia Standards of Learning: R.K.3.f, R.1.3.c, R.1.5.d, R.1.5.e, R.1.5.f, R.2.3.b
QUESTIONS OR CONNECT WITH ME
✉ EMAIL: email@example.com
Michelle, Dragonfly Bay
© Dragonfly Bay by Michelle